Ridin’ On Cover Shot Challenge RULES & REGULATIONS
Enter your photos from this summer’s riding season in our Ridin’ On Cover Shot Challenge, and YOU could win a brand new camera and have your photograph featured on the cover of Ridin’ On Motorcycle Magazine!
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST IS OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, EXCEPT EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS OF RIDIN’ ON MOTORCYCLE MAGAZINE (ROMM)/RPM PUBLISHING LLC AND THEIR FAMILIES, ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Professional and novice photographers welcome to participate.
- To enter, e-mail up to 3 original photographs taken between May 1st – October 1, 2018 along with your name, address & phone, and brief photo description, to: “Ridin’ On Cover Shot Challenge” at Editor@RidinOn.com
- Images must be submitted digitally (via email, internet, jump-drive or disc) no later than October 15, 2018.
- File format can be JPG, GIF, TIF, PNG (For best results, 720px wide x 405px high). Maximum file size is 50 MB. Maximum size in pixels: 8000 x 8000 (this is the maximum size for the original image, the image will be scaled to fit). All Photo Submissions and any parts thereof must be the original work of Participant and not previously published, and may not have won previous awards.
- All Entries become the property of RPM Publishing LLC and Ridin’ On Motorcycle Magazine, with permission to print or use submitted photos implicitly implied and without compensation, and submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. Winner(s) grants ROMM and its agencies the right to use their names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes.
- Photos will be judged by a panel of Ridin’ On Chopperazzi Staff Photographers, and judge’s decisions are final!
- Winner(s) will be announced no later than December 31st, 2019.
- Winning photographer will be awarded a new GoPro HERO5 Session Camera courtesy of Dodd Camera (www.DoddCamera.com) and the winning photograph will be used as a cover shot for an upcoming issue of Ridin’ On Motorcycle Magazine no later than December 2019.
- All federal, state, local taxes, if any, and other fees associated with winning prizes are the sole responsibility of the contest winner(s).
- Winner(s) will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, release and indemnification, as well as a W-9 as required by the IRS.
- Challenges to, or interpretations of, all rules and regulations governing the Ridin’ On Cover Shot Challenge Photo Contest, its organization, conduct and/or outcome, are at the sole and exclusive discretion of the ROMM editors and publishers.
- ROMM is not responsible for printer errors, typographical or errors of omission.
- ROMM reserves the right to modify rules, alter deadlines, or cancel contest at any time, and all decisions are at the discretion of ROMM and are final.
PHOTO TIPS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Capture the fun, beauty, adventure, excitement or compassion of motorcycling.
- Ridin’ On covers are vertical, so keep that in mind.
- Minimum size/quality: 300dpi
- Photos may be cropped or otherwise altered in order to fit magazine format & layout.
- No ROMM product is required to appear in any Photo Submission and whether included or not included, will not influence Judges’ decisions.
- Subjects or Model’s consent and/or clearance are the complete responsibility of the photographer, and Ridin’ On Motorcycle Magazine/RPM Publishing and its representatives assumes no responsibility and will not be held liable in any way, financially or otherwise.
- Photo Submissions may NOT contain any of the following: I) Materials which include or constitute copyrighted works created or owned by any person or entity other than Participant; (II) Materials which contain clothing items bearing profanities, or bearing the name or likeness of any celebrity, living or dead; (III) Materials which contain visible phone numbers, website links, street addresses, email addresses or license plate numbers; (IV) Materials which contain behavior inappropriate for a general audience, especially that which demonstrates over consumption and/or underage drinking; (V) Materials which contain nudity or any depiction of real or simulated sexual acts; (VI) Materials which contain extensive or gratuitous violence; (VII) Materials which violate anyone’s privacy rights, violate any confidentiality or employment agreement, or which are defamatory; (VIII) Materials which are derogatory to Sponsor, or any affiliated entity or person; (IX) Materials which are discriminatory based on race, religion, national origin, physical disability, age, sex, or sexual orientation or preference; (X) Materials which do not comport with the Submission requirements. Photo Submissions that do not conform to these guidelines will be disqualified.